Guest blog post with tips on transportation options for Central Oregonians from Jennifer Ball, Community Health Worker III at Mosaic Medical.
Mosaic Medical has a team of Community Health Workers (CHW) ready to assist our patients in overcoming barriers to care. One of these barriers is access to adequate transportation. We know that not having a safe way to get to appointments keeps many people from visiting their doctor or other healthcare provider. Our CHWs work with our patients to find resources to help make sure they can get to their appointments.
We want to help everyone in our community be able to get to their appointments! We’ve put together this list of transportation options in Central Oregon that we hope you find helpful.
Please contact these agencies directly for more information, or if you are a Mosaic patient, reach out to your Mosaic Community Health Worker, who will help determine what resources are available to you.
Cascades East Transit – Bus System
Who can use this service: Anyone in Central Oregon
- Fares vary, zone pricing and additional information can be found at: https://cascadeseasttransit.com/
- Rides available Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Call 541-385-8680
Non Emergent Medical Transport (NEMT)
Who can use this service: OHP and DMAP/OpenCard members
- Mileage reimbursement AND door-to-door rides for doctor appointments, behavioral health visits, dental appointment, and pharmacy trips to pick up OHP covered medications and WIC appointments
- Rides should be scheduled 48 hours in advance
- Same day rides may be accommodated on an as available basis
- If an appointment is cancelled/rescheduled, the ride will also need to be cancelled/rescheduled
- For OHP patients call Modvicare at 844-544-1397
- For DMAP/OpenCard patients call Cascade East Ride Center at 541-385-8680
Who can use this service: Patient with a disability OR age 60+ AND low income AND not living near a Cascade East Transit area fixed route may qualify for these services.
- Bend Dial-A-Ride is a curb-to-curb, shared ride transit service providing rides within the community the member resides in only (not from one community to another).
- Your Primary Care Provider and Community Health Worker work to complete application together documenting your disability
- For scheduling call 541-385-8680 or Toll Free 1-866-385-8680 48 hours before transportation need (does not only have to be used for appointments, can be shopping, etc.)
- Choose extension 2
- Provide the following information to schedule a ride:
- Name, DOB, address, location that you will be going and the time that you need to arrive, time that you need taken back home
- Fees are associated with this service
Other Transportation Options Available
Cascade East Veterans Transportation
This is a no cost, ADA-accessible service provided to veterans, providing transportation to doctor appointments, VA clinics, pharmacies, and other important healthcare related destinations located within Central Oregon.
- Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Call Cascades East Transit Call Center at 541-385-8680
STARS – Sisters Transportation and Ride Share
Sisters Transportation and Ride Share (STARS) aims to provide all Sisters residents with free transportation within Sisters, as well as to Bend and Redmond for non-emergency medical appointments: physician, dental, vision, physical therapy, hearing, lab work and testing.
- Call 541-904-5545 to schedule and/or ask about the STARS application process
- Email [email protected] and include your phone number and allow 24 hours for a volunteer response about the STARS application process
We hope you find these resources helpful!