A few months before your little one arrives, one of the first big decisions you’ll make is who your child’s healthcare provider will be. Give yourself time to research local practices and pediatricians to find the perfect fit for your family and newborn baby. Ask friends for recommendations, read about different providers, and seek out philosophies of care that feel right for you.
Questions to ask your pediatrician or pediatric provider
- How long have you been practicing? What are your specialties?
- Does your practice have dental care?
- What other services and resources do you provide for new parents and newborns?
- Are you open to integrating pediatric care with alternative medicine?
- Can I see the same doctor every time I visit?
- Does your office accept same-day appointments?
- What does 24/7 support mean?
- What are your hours?
- Do you take my insurance?
- Will you meet my baby at the hospital or at the first checkup?
- What is your care philosophy for newborns and infants?
Once you’ve made your decision, you can begin working with your pediatric provider to plan for baby’s first visit.
As an experienced pediatric team, we love meeting new parents before they head to the hospital. It gives us the chance to talk with you about the kind of support and guidance you’ll need from us when your baby arrives. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or to learn more about our team and approach to care.