Are you ready for Medicare?
Please note that the timeframe for enrolling in a Medicare plan is called an “enrollment period.” You have a seven-month window around the month you turn 65 to sign up for a Medicare plan. If you miss the window to enroll, your coverage may be delayed, or you could be required to pay fees.
“Welcome to Medicare” Visit
Medicare “Annual Wellness” Visit
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit FAQs
What will happen at my Annual Wellness visit?
- We will measure your height, weight and blood pressure.
- We might refer you for screenings or services outside of the appointment.
- We will complete screening questionnaires regarding functional status, memory, depression, and home safety.
- We will discuss end-of-life planning and make a personalized care plan.
- We would want to schedule another appointment if you are not feeling well or are concerned about a medical problem.
When can I schedule my Annual Wellness visit?
Who pays for the Annual Wellness visit?
What do I need to bring with me?
- A list of the members on your healthcare team including any other physicians.
- The names of your home health agency and medical equipment supply companies (i.e. oxygen supplier).
- The names and locations of the pharmacies you use.
- Please bring a bag with all of the medicines you take, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbals.
- A copy of your Advance Directive (if you have one), and your insurance card.
Visit ssa.gov to sign up for Medicare online. Or call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 to sign up for Medicare on the phone.